1 in 10 Children have experienced some form of Cyber bullying. Here are some general suggestions for children and parents:
- Don’t reply to any nasty messages you receive.
- Don’t reply to a text from someone you don’t know.
- Keep the messages you have been sent so you can show them to a trusted adult and make a note of the time and date of the messages or calls you receive, or take a screen shot.
- Don’t answer calls from withheld numbers or numbers you don’t recognise, let it go to voicemail.
- Block numbers from people who are sending you nasty messages. Click here for info
- If you are bullied repeatedly – consider changing your number.
- Don’t give your mobile number to someone you don’t know.
- Don’t send pictures to someone you don’t know.
- Remember if you are being bullied it isn’t your fault and there is nothing so awful that you can’t speak to someone about it. Talk to a trusted adult at home or at school.
- If the problem is serious you can report it to the police, Kids Help Line 1800 55 1800
For more information please click on the Better Health link